Your Contra Costa County Library card gives you 24 hour complimentary access to the digital edition of The New York Times.
Get started below:
- Go to the New York Times account page.
- Enter your library card and last name if outside the library.
- Create Your New York Times Account or Log In if you already have an account with this provider.
- Off-site access is available through 24-hour passes. To continue using this resource, log in again. (You will only be asked to create a user account the first time you access this content.)
- Enjoy from any location, on any web enabled device, by just logging into NYTimes.com with that same email and password.
Things to note:
- In-library use provides full-text online articles from 1981 – present. Due to publishing restrictions, articles from 1923 – 80 are not available for on-site access; however, patrons can access 5 articles per day from this date range via remote access.
- The Crosswords app is not included; however, crosswords from the past week, as well as a handful from the archive, are available in the Crosswords section. The Cooking app is not included, but patrons can access recipes via the Food section.